[postgis-users] shp2pgsql in quite mode????...(shp2pgsql -q)???

Nicolas Gillet - MARKET-IP nicolas.gillet at market-ip.com
Mon Mar 29 06:18:42 PDT 2010

Hello,

Indeed there is no “-q”.

But are you sure that it actually is shp2pgsql that you want to quiet down
? (there are at most 15 lines)

I think that what can annoy you is the output from the psql that usually is
piped behind shp2pgsql.

Psql do have a “-q” parameter.

e.g. :

shp2pgsql -W utf-8 -s 4326 -d -I /path/to/some/shp my_table | psql -q -d
my_database -h host -U user

That’s the command I used most of the time.

If you really want to remove shp2pgsql output I think that your only option
is using something like “command > null” to redirect the ouput nowhere.

Hope this helps.

Nicolas