[postgis-users] Announcement: PostGIS Versioning System pgversion and QGIS Plugin

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Sun Nov 7 23:43:28 PST 2010

I just finished the first beta version of my newly released pgvs support
system. The idea of this system is to enable the editing of a single
PostGIS layer concurrently by more than one user at the same time,
similar to source code versioning systems like CVS or Subversion. You
will find further informations at:

http://www.kappasys.org/cms/index.php?id=23&L=5

You can download the PostGIS functions from:

http://www.kappasys.ch/pgtools/pgversion/createFunctions.sql

To get easy access to pgvs I additionally created the QGIS plugin
pgversion which you can download from:

http://www.kappasys.org/qgis/plugins.xml

I know that not all features of a SVN like system are implemented yet.
But I would like to get your comments and ideas for further
developements.

I hope that pgvs can make your life easier.

Regards

Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
Stv. Amtschef / kantonaler GIS-Koordinator

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
SO!GIS Koordination