[postgis-users] PostGIS Raster: Spec. for WKT and WKB?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:02:19 PDT 2010

Hi PostGIS users list,

I'm playing around with the PostGIS Raster type with the goal to get
the principles and to be able to put this exciting new development in
relation e.g. to standards and other implementations.

I'm aware of WKT and WKB in vector knowing OGC Simple Feature Spec.
I'm now wondering about the usage of the notion Well Known Text (WKT)
and Well Known Binary (WKB) for raster.

What I understand from the PostGIS Raster project home page
(http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster) that JPEG and TIFF
formats are supported.

=> Do you mean by WKB that these formats are specified in public
accessible specs.?
=> How about the spec. of WKT raster?

-S.