[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn BOX3D

Jan Saalbach fire at dubmosphere.de
Mon Oct 18 02:34:03 PDT 2010

Hi all,
what is the geometry type to chose when storing BOX3D type geometries?
Of what type does the column need to be? I mean how do I phrase this
correctly?

---
postgisdb=# SELECT AddGeometryColumn('boxes','box3d',31467,'BOX',3);

FEHLER:  Invalid type name - valid ones are:
	POINT, MULTIPOINT,
	LINESTRING, MULTILINESTRING,
	POLYGON, MULTIPOLYGON,
	CIRCULARSTRING, COMPOUNDCURVE, MULTICURVE,
	CURVEPOLYGON, MULTISURFACE,
	GEOMETRY, GEOMETRYCOLLECTION,
	POINTM, MULTIPOINTM,
	LINESTRINGM, MULTILINESTRINGM,
	POLYGONM, MULTIPOLYGONM,
	CIRCULARSTRINGM, COMPOUNDCURVEM, MULTICURVEM
	CURVEPOLYGONM, MULTISURFACEM,
	or GEOMETRYCOLLECTIONM
---

The reason I need to do this is I would like to use the &&-operator on 2
boxes. And comparing the boxes from point3d-sets directly gives me a
"not enough memory error".

Regards,
Jan