[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn BOX3D

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:14:44 PDT 2010

Hi Jan,

box3d is not a geometry, but it is it's very own type (along with box2d). If
you have pgAdminIII, you can browse these types (you may need to enable
visibility of "types" in the options), or if you use psql then the command
"\dT" will show all types.

Since it isn't a geometry, you can directly create it, e.g.:

create table foo(
  id serial primary key,
  box box3d
);

insert into foo(box) values('BOX3D(0 0 0, 10 10 10)'::box3d);

-Mike