[postgis-users] Out of memory error with BOX3D

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Wed Oct 20 05:50:04 PDT 2010

Try St_Extent3D instead without st_collect. Then PostGIS can handle 1 point at a time and not all the 17 millions. So try:SELECT ST_Extent3D(punkte) FROM rohdaten WHERE id=109;
 ConvexHull is only working in 2D. It will keep the third dimension but not include it in the calculations (not 100% sure about that, but almost) HTH Nicklas

Hi all,