[postgis-users] Basic duplicating database question

lplateandy andy at centremaps.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 07:24:42 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

OK - that's really useful. Does that only work for 9 or does it just happen
you're pointing to the 9 document?

The doc says "It also takes an exclusive lock on the specific index being
processed, which will block reads that attempt to use that index."

Does that mean that i'm not really any better off as the spatial index is
really the critical means controlling the reading of data into my GIS etc?

What would be your scenario for a full vacuum?

Thanks

Andy