[postgis-users] Postgis Raster Performance

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 04:41:46 PDT 2010

Hi list,
I'm trying to use postgis raster analysis and I think that it's incredibly
slow. I wonder if there is a better raster organization for analysis.
I've tryed both tiled raster and single row raster and tiled raster was a
little bit faster when calling intersection.

I don't really understand the results of the intersection. I expected that
the command would give me a linestring with one coordinate more than the
linestring I gave. But instead it gives me many pieces of linestring. IMHO
it's not a very usefull result. I'd have to join them to get the profile.

Does anyone have any hints on how to improve performance? I'm using a little
bit old Postgis 2.0 SVN version. It might be the problem.
All the best,

--
Mauricio de Paulo
Engenheiro Cartografo