[postgis-users] Postgis Raster Performance

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Fri Oct 15 04:52:49 PDT 2010

2011/7/15 Maurício de Paulo <mauricio.dev at gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
> I'm trying to use postgis raster analysis and I think that it's incredibly
> slow. I wonder if there is a better raster organization for analysis.
> I've tryed both tiled raster and single row raster and tiled raster was a
> little bit faster when calling intersection.
>
> I don't really understand the results of the intersection. I expected that
> the command would give me a linestring with one coordinate more than the
> linestring I gave. But instead it gives me many pieces of linestring. IMHO
> it's not a very usefull result. I'd have to join them to get the profile.
>
> Does anyone have any hints on how to improve performance? I'm using a little
> bit old Postgis 2.0 SVN version. It might be the problem.
> All the best,
>
> --
> Mauricio de Paulo
> Engenheiro Cartografo
> MapeandoOBrasil

Hi Mauricio,

I think this is totally GDAL driver's fault. This is my current task
(besides several other hard tasks at job). I have July 31st as my own
deadline for this topic (improve driver speed, allow writing). So,
stay tunned. I'll keep you informed.

Anyway, any other suggestions to improve performance are welcome.

Best regards

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobility Division, DEIMOS