[postgis-users] Size of .dbf file produced with pgsql2shp

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 11:02:06 PDT 2010

strk wrote:

> I can't see how this was a success in the reporter's case.
> Could not determine a geometry type, so what could it have
> written in the .shp file ?
> It even printed an ERROR message.
> How's that a success ?
>
> --strk;

Ah wait a second, you're right - I've been looking in the wrong place.
It looks like there is still some (old) pgsql2shp code which hasn't been
updated to use the new error handling, and hence it doesn't get
propagated back up to the main function correctly :(  Will fix later, as
I have to head out now.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS