[postgis-users] AsSvg

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 13 09:00:45 PDT 2010

Hi

I may be on the wrong list but xml and Delphi guys that know Postgis seem to be few and far between.

I`m using the following to display the binary data on a memo component as text.

 PSQLQUery1.SQL.Add('Select the_geom from p_id.image');
    PSQLQUery1.SQL.Add ('where p_id.image.p_id_id = ''1534''');
    PSQLQUery1.Open;

This works fine.

When I change it to select AsSvg the xml consider assvg as another node and the geometry data does not appear.

 PSQLQUery1.SQL.Add('Select AsSvg(the_geom) from p_id.image');
    PSQLQUery1.SQL.Add ('where p_id.image.p_id_id = ''1534''');
    PSQLQUery1.Open;

If any one can suggest a possible reason for this behavior It would be appreciated.

Bob