[postgis-users] How clip a line on many points

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 01:37:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I need to write a query sql where is need to split a line over many points.

I know the postgis 2.0.0 has the ST_Split(line,point),
but it work on 1 only point, not on MultiPoint.

So I can't use it directly.

The only think i can suppose to do is develope a ricorsive procedure

- write a procedure that using the ST_Split() can split a line over a point
output two lines and use this two lines to call again himself
on the remains points. -

But I have many perplexity because I don't know if is possible to write a
ricorsive method using the pgplsql, and this ricorsive method will be used
in a query sql.

And perhaps there is a more easy method.

Any hint and suggestion is welcome,

thx,

--
Andrea Peri