[postgis-users] combine serveral parts of the country

Thomas Andres andres85thomas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:15:49 PDT 2010

Salü Ralf,

Thank you for your answer.

-    When I use ogc_fid as primary key, I can’t import a second village,
because the IDs of their features were created by different offices,
different applications, so it’s possible that the same feature-id exists
twice.

-    When I use shemas, I have to rewrite all SQL Querys.  Select blabla
from village1.parcelles Union all select blabla from village2.parcelles
Union all etc
 This can become very long J

If it’s possible, I would like that postgres sees, that the feature-id which
ogr2ogr is importing now, already exists,
 so give to the new feature a new
feature-id, and at the same time he checks all foreign keys and adjust them
to the new feature-id to maintain the link. (J complicated)

Is there a easy solution?

Thank you for your help.

Salutation from “Chuchichäschtli”

P.S.: Chuchichäschtli is a box in the kitchen

------------------------------

Hi Chuchichäschtli,

you can use ogc_fid as primary key from your tables or create on schema for

one village.

What "Chuchichäschtli" mean in german?

Gr

Ralf

Am Montag 20 September 2010 09:34:11 schrieb Thomas Andres:

> Dear List,

> i’m Swiss and my English isn’t the most best. Even, I will try the explain

> You my problem. Perhaps You will understand J

> In Switzerland the parts of the country were measured by different
offices.

> The informations of the terrain (parcelles, rows, lakes, jungle etc

) are

> exchanged by Interlis Files (*.itf).

> With ogr2ogr this files can be imported into a Postgres Database.

> When You import only one file, it’s not a problem. Every Line, Point,

> Polygone and so on, has its own Feature-Id, which can be linked with

>  another feature.

> I.e.: The geometry of a parcelle is linked with his number.

> Now, when I would like add a second village to my GIS, in the same

>  Database, to be loaded in Mapserver with a mapfile layer

 the parcelle

>  with the same Feature ID will appear twice

 so the link to the number of

>  the parcelle is wrong

> What I made in a first time: after have imported the first village, I add

>  to the primary and foreign keys, which I really I’m going to use in my
GIS

>  a Char (‘a’ in example)

 by using PostgreSQL

 only after I imported the

>  second file. This is a solution which works, but not for long time J

> I asked me, or better: I ask You, if there isn’t a mechanism in PostGIS or

> PostgreSQL which is specially implemented for this kind of collage

 Some

> kind of namespaces or

 I don’t know

 You understand =-) ?