[postgis-users] How remove a single part from a multipart geometry

Andrea Peri 2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:28:38 PDT 2010

  Hi,

I need to remove a single part from a multipart geometry.

For example having a multipolygon with three part I need to remove one
of these parts so the result is a multipolygon with two parts.

In postgis I find a function to extract a single part from a multipart (
ST_GeometryN ) but don't find nothing to remove one.

So the only method I know is re-create the geometry skipping the part
unwanted, but I hope to find somethink more simple.

Thx,

Andrea.