[postgis-users] query gist bbox

Till Kirchner till.kirchner at vti.bund.de
Fri Sep 24 01:02:43 PDT 2010

  Hello together,

I would like to visualize and query the bboxes used by a gist (rtree) index.

I thought there should be an easy and fast way to get the maximum extend
of geometries stored in a column by simply
querying the corners of the bbox which covers all data used by the index.

Is there a function which allows to get information about bboxes used by
a gist index?

Thanks in advance

Till

--
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei
E-Mail: till.kirchner at vti.bund.de
http://www.vti.bund.de