[postgis-users] geos proj stats modules all=v.1

Rebecca Cooper rmcooper at live.com
Tue Sep 28 06:43:05 PDT 2010

Hi Nicklas,

You're right it says "POSTGIS="1.4.2" GEOS="3.2.0-CAPI-1.6.0" PROJ="Rel. 4.6.1, 21 August 2008" USE_STATS".

The error I received when I tried to use Buffer, ST_Buffer, and _ST_Buffer was that the function did not exist and that it was a GEOS function.

Originally when I installed PostGIS 1.5, I received an error during the install saying that it couldn't write to the 3.2 library and that I could Abort, Retry, Or Ignore.  I have tried all of the options, and it left me without the GEOS functionality.  I don't know how to do a proper upgrade on postgis or postgres at this point, so I took the option of removing the whole lot and starting again.  Desperate times...

I am reinstalling on the other computer and trying to reload my database dump at the moment.

Rebecca