[postgis-users] create a new map

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 23:57:36 PDT 2010

Hi Mohammed,

There are many different ways to make PostGIS geometry objects. Take a
look at PostGIS constructors for SQL:
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/reference.html#Geometry_Constructors

If you are using a C++ interface, you can also construct geometry
objects using GEOS, which can then be loaded into PostGIS via WKB.
(PostGIS uses GEOS internally for several functions, like buffering).
See some documentation for GEOS here:
http://geos.osgeo.org/doxygen/

-Mike