[postgis-users] shp2pgsql - bad date formats

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Apr 14 12:00:06 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:56:33PM -0500, Jeff Dege wrote:

> ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "0"
> HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
>
> What I need is for these features to be inserted with NULL date fields, instead of '0'.

You may try to:
1) prepare the table using -p
2) alter the table to use varchar for the date field
3) fill the table using -a
4) fix the dates within the db

Or, which could be a good investiment of your time, look
at "datestyle" setting as hinted... there might be a style
in which '0' is accepted.

--strk;