[postgis-users] ERROR: Unknown geometry type: 0 - Unknown

Andreas Forø Tollefsen andreasft at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:14:23 PDT 2011

Hi all.

I was experimenting with some raster functionality in the SVN 6874. However,
as there were some fixed bugs in later version I decided to create a new
database on my server using SVN 7749.
When installing this i must have updated some of the libraries, GEOS i guess
and maybe others.

The problem now is that while the 7749 database works flawless, the 6874
have become corrupted.
When querying any geometry column i get this:
SELECT cshapes.geom FROM cshapes;
results in:
ERROR:  Unknown geometry type: 0 - Unknown

It does not matter whether i query from remote or from the actual server.

Any ideas on whether it is possible to solve this issue?
I will eventually recreate all of my data on the 7749 database, but as for
now i need to access the geometries stored in the 6874 database.

Thank you in advance.

Andreas