[postgis-users] simple puffer script

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 09:26:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have to use postgis to create a puffer layer. I could do this within postgis,
but the problem is that I have to display the result in my webapp!

I have seen many examples on how to puffer, but none where a user inputs a value
from a textbox e.g 50 and presses a button to calculate a puffer over the data
with a 50m puffer and then displays the resulting vector layer in the openlayers
map.

Is this very complex?
How should I start coding this?  PHP to script the postgis query?

thanks for any scripts, tips or advice.

yours,

Rob