[postgis-users] How configure postgis to enable the rasters.

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:54:18 PDT 2011

Hi,
I'm try-ing to configure (for compile) the postgis-svn to enable use of the
rasters.

To do this I add in the configure phase the option " --with-raster ".

And also the option:
--with-gdalconfig=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config

But I have this error:

----
checking for pj_get_release in -lproj... yes
GUI: Build requested, checking for dependencies (GKT+2.0)
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.8.0... yes (version 2.18.9)
TOPOLOGY: Topology support requested
RASTER: Raster support requested
checking for GDAL >= 1.6.0... found
checking for GDALFPolygonize in -lgdal... no
checking for GDAL Python bindings... not found
configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader
----

This sound strange to me.
Infact
when install gdal from source I have add the option" --with-python"
and the configure , compile and install was ended without error and all seem
was correctly installed.

As reported from the log of configure on gdal
---
 Poppler support:           no
  Podofo support:            no
  OpenCL support:            no
  Armadillo support:         no

  SWIG Bindings:          python

  Statically link PROJ.4:    no
  enable OGR building:       yes
  enable pthread support:    yes
  enable POSIX iconv support:yes
---

I also check if there was other versions of gdal in the machine.

So I'm don't know what miss to my settings.

There is some docs about the settings need for raster extension?

Thx,
Andrea.

--
Andrea Peri