[postgis-users] Preparing for Topology - St_CreateTopoGeo

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Dec 2 08:07:45 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 10:31:19AM -0500, Chris English wrote:

> I guess this is the latest svn.

Did you re-source topology/topology.sql after a new "make" ?
All of the topology support is plpgsql code, so it takes redefinition
of the functions to get the changes.

This reminds me: it would be worth having a function to extract
version of topology.sql file at time of last run.

> By 'reducing' input data might that be saying take municipalities,
> a smaller number of multipolygons, as against a whole county?

Yes, less data in input as small as possible to still reproduce
the issue. Maybe data in the bounding box of the offending edge
would be more likely to trigger it.

> I have been watching the pledge drive with interest, figuring that the
> resultant incremental functionality would shieldor help shield users
> like myself who don't understand thatpigs are killed to make pork
> sausage.
> If I had 250 euros, they would be yours today.

Thank you :)

--strk;