[postgis-users] High Concurrency R* in GiST?

C. Mundi cmundi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:58:29 PST 2011

Indeed, I am a strong believer that "worse is better" in the absence of
evidence.  It just so happens that I have evidence that R* is significantly
advantaged over plain R in my particular application.   So the question
becomes, can I gain enough productivity elsewhere to make the impact of R
v. R* moot.  I expect I can, now that the hope of free lunch has been taken
away.  :)

Thanks for the link -- it is one of my favorites.

Carlos