[postgis-users] How to update your SVN copy of PostGIS

Aren Cambre aren at arencambre.com
Fri Dec 9 19:19:13 PST 2011

I admit this is a dumb question, but here it is.

I installed PostGIS on my Ubuntu 11.10 environment a few weeks ago using
the excellent instructions at
http://www.letseehere.com/postgis-geocoder-using-tiger-2010-data.

Since then, the *geocode_intersection* function was added, and I need it.
I'm not clear what is the process of replacing the older snapshot of
PostGIS with this newer one.

I don't see an obvious install/uninstall routine. I tried the soft upgrade
at
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/postgis_installation.html#upgrading,
but that didn't work. Do I need to do the hard upgrade each time I do a SVN
update?

Aren