[postgis-users] createtopogeom confusion

Chris English sglish at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:34:01 PST 2011

Hi,
I have a populated topology 'union_cty_topo' and am confused about the syntax
for createtopogeom to create face, line, and point layers.
update union_cty_topo.summit_fa  --a desired face layer
set g = createtopogeom(
'union_cty_topo', -- topo name
3, --type(areal-ie.POLYGON
2, -- layer id
foo.sfaces --face)
>From (select topology.topoelementarray_agg(array[face_id,3]) as sfaces from union_cty_topo.face) as foo;
Query returned successfully: 0 rows affected, 953 ms execution time.
0 rows affected is the case.  So, I have essentially mumbled something not objectionable or error
inducing, but it did not populate my topogeometry (g) in summit_fa nor relation.  The problem is not with topology
which works great, probably just my grasp of alias.
Thanks
Chris
spacing because strk hates my mail client - hopefully it is readable