[postgis-users] createtopogeom confusion

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Dec 13 23:52:58 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 02:34:01PM -0500, Chris English wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a populated topology 'union_cty_topo' and am confused about the syntax
> for createtopogeom to create face, line, and point layers.
> update union_cty_topo.summit_fa  --a desired face layer
> set g = createtopogeom(
> 'union_cty_topo', -- topo name
> 3, --type(areal-ie.POLYGON
> 2, -- layer id
> foo.sfaces --face)
> From (select topology.topoelementarray_agg(array[face_id,3]) as sfaces from union_cty_topo.face) as foo;
> Query returned successfully: 0 rows affected, 953 ms execution time.

I guess there are no rows in union_cty_topo.summit_fa ?

Beside, are you trying to create a TopoGeometry formed by _all_ faces
in the "face" table ? Note that such thing would include the universe
face, which doesn't make much sense. Anyway, PostGIS should just give
you a TopoGeometry representing the union of all faces in that case.

Thanks for spacing, btw. If you can space also vertically I'll love it :)

--strk;