[postgis-users] Unable to Make PostGIS 2.0 - file not found

Blair Deaver blairdeaver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:11:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I am struggling to get the latest trunk of PostGIS to install on a
fresh Mac running Lion. I did install PostGIS 1.5.3-2 for Postgres 9.1
from [KyngChaos Mac OSX Installers][1]. This setup worked fine for me
and I was able to setup spatial databases against a PostGreSQL 9.1
database instance. But I realized I need the new GeoJSON support in
the PostGIS 2.0 trunk. I went ahead and downloaded the latest source
code(revision 8401) and compiled with the JSON optional argument
(downloaded JSON-C libraries):

sudo ./configure --with-gui --with-raster --with-jsondir=/usr/local/

The compile works successfully. My issue is when issuing the make
command. It appears that the make command is looking for a
/usr/bin/postgres/ directory on my system which does not exist:

ld: file not found: **/usr/bin/postgres**
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: file not found: /usr/bin/postgres
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cc82cOrG.out (No such file or
 directory)
make[1]: *** [postgis-2.0.so] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I am thus unable to install PostGIS 2.0 on my system. Anyone have any
ideas what specific files (libraries, etc) the PostGIS 2.0 install is
looking for under /usr/bin/postgres?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Blair