[postgis-users] raster output

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Dec 21 13:03:26 PST 2011

Steve,

Actually that was just for coloring geometries.  For raster I usually just
output the raster as RGB

R for band 1, G band 2, B for band 3

If you have a single band raster, you'll need to do reclassify the bands if
you want to out as PNG for example

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/RT_ST_Reclass.html

Look at the last example in the docs.

Or you could just export as one of the gdal 1 Banded supporting formats and
use QGIS to do the classification.