[postgis-users] raster output

Nordgren, Bryce -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Wed Dec 21 11:47:27 PST 2011

Ahhh, you'll be looking for a while. :)  PostGIS raster does not currently interpret raster band data as color information. If it started out as RGB, you can input all three bands and manipulate them however you see fit. However, you can't output a color jpeg/png if you're starting with a single band of data. Additionally, if you import a single band image with associated pallete, you'll lose the color information. On the upside, if you have a full color image, you can read it in manipulate it, and spit it back out.

Try exporting the single band of interest, then adding a pallete using the external program of your choice. That will also let you "stretch" the image to your heart's content. I'm 90% sure you can do all your desired postprocessing with ImageMagick. :)

Bryce