[postgis-users] Using PostGIS in commercial application

Andrew Smolko andrewsmolko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 21:44:11 PST 2011

Hi!

We want to use PostGIS in our server commercial application and there
has arisen a question about violation of PostGIS license.
To simplify the installation of our product for customers we want to
create an install package which includes our server application,
PostgreSQL and PostGIS. We do not modify PostGIS in any way, we just
take official binaries zip file and include its contents in our
installation.

Do we violate PostGIS GPL license by doing the way I described?

Thanks in advance!