[postgis-users] Problem with Raster (2nd attempt)

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Dec 29 13:17:15 PST 2011

> What version of GDAL are you using?  You'll want to be using
> what will be 1.9 (currently beta 2).

> But there is an additional question about whether or not GDAL's PostGIS
> Raster driver has been updated to the PostGIS Raster's
> current (and probably final) format for the raster_columns view.

I tested with recent builds of GDAL and was able to export fine.  I always
use mode=2 though because it always complains
about multiple datasets.  That has always been the case though. I aslo don't
think I have the regular blocking flag on.

So my export looks like

gdal_translate -of PNG "PG:host=localhost port=5441
dbname='postgis20_sampler' user='postgres' schema='aerials' table=boston
where='rid between 1 and 4' mode=2" c:/test.png

I was using Temaz's binaries which are built very frequently so will have
the latest GDAL.

http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/ (the release-1500-gdal-mapserver)

Just launch the SDKShell.bat packaged in the zip and you can call all the
functions from there.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us