[postgis-users] 3D spatial index and && 2d operator

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Dec 29 13:59:56 PST 2011

Jose,
The &&& operator deals with mismatch dimensionality by projecting the
lower dimension into the zero plane. I'm thinking it would be more
effective if we instead stripped the higher dimensions and did
comparisons in the lower space in the case of mis-matched
dimensionality. I will look and see why that isn't the implemented
behavior.

P.