[postgis-users] postgis visual client

Michaël Michaud michael.michaud at free.fr
Tue Feb 8 16:32:41 PST 2011

Hi,

Le 08/02/2011 19:21, Paragon Corporation a écrit :
> John,
> We like using OpenJump for that -- here is a quick tutorial we wrote
> up on doing Ad hoc queries with it.
> http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/72-OpenJump-for-PostGIS-Spatial-Ad-Hoc-Queries.html
> It works fine with PostgreSQL 9.0, but if you are using 9.0 -- you
> need to download the latest JDBC drivers or set your bytea_output to
> escape - both are documented in the FAQ
> http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/PostGIS_FAQ.html#id2686352

Thanks for the good documentation,
Would like to mention an undocumented feature coming with the last
OpenJUMP release.

You can copy the "fence" geometry or the "view extent" in your query  :

button View (Vue in the screenshot) will copy "${view:-1}" where ever
you want in the query (replaced by view extent at execution time)
button Fence (Cadre in the screenshot) will copy "${fence:-1}" where
ever you want in the query (replaced by the fence geometry at execution
time)

It may help to download small parts of large datasets.

Michaël