[postgis-users] How do I parse postGIS types in my app code?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Feb 27 08:49:51 PST 2011

Matt,

If you are using Python, you might want to take a look at Shapely.  Although
it was designed for doing PostGIS like operations without PostGIS, its built
on GEOS and I think has functions for importing wkb and hexwkb format.

ST_AsBinary(geog)

The output of geometry/geography are hexewkb, which shapely might understand
alone or you might have to do  geog::geometry.

Perhaps someone on the list who actually has experience with shapely can
testify to its fit for your particular use case.

http://gispython.org/shapely/docs/1.2/manual.html#well-known-formats

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us