[postgis-users] Raster tutorial: sample data

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Mon Jan 3 07:44:43 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm trying to run the interesting tutorial:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterTutorial01
> Would it be possible to have the sample data available? I think it would
> be better for consistency & troubleshooting (e.g. I tried to download
> rasters from ftp://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/SRTM_v41/SRTM_Data_GeoTIFF/ and I
> got a 421 error).
> Thanks a lot.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Hi Paolo,

I can provide you with some sample data from Spain

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6599273/srtm_spain.zip

These are the data I used for the Oracle Georaster version of the tutorial:

http://gis4free.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/oracle-georaster-part-i/
http://gis4free.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/oracle-georaster-part-ii/

You can do most of the tutorial with these data. The problem is with
the "ST_DumpAsPolygons" function. This function is applied over one
specific row of the raster table, created from the original files, not
the ones from Spain. Anyway, give it a try.

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS