[postgis-users] migrating tables to postgis

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Jan 19 06:30:07 PST 2011

Thanks Mark.  This gives me a direction to go.  I have the correct SRS, and
your other points are valuable.  ST_GeomFromText is really what I was
missing.  Thanks.

The fact that I have two data tables to combine, would a View help here?  Or
somehow modify the SELECT statements that would go into the ST_GeomFromText
function?  (the examples only show hard-coded coordinates but I'm hoping a
SELECT statement can provide input.)

- John