[postgis-users] Documentation on Applying Patches

Ian R Tangert itangert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:40:10 PST 2011

Greetings.  Can anyone tell me where I can find documentation on how to apply
patches?  Environment specific would be a great help (osx 10.6, postgis 1.5,
postgres 8.4) but anything more generic would help as well.

More specifically, I am interested in trying out the patch here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/attachment/ticket/413/postgis-offsetCurve-RafalMagda.patch
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/attachment/ticket/413/postgis-offsetCurve-RafalMagda.patch
but I can't find anything Googling or otherwise on how to implement.  Thank
you

peace
ian