[postgis-users] Postgresql 8.4 for Ubuntu 8.04? Compatible????

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 03:17:28 PST 2011

Hi,

I am having errors trying to commit modified features in geoserver.

I have a test server where is works, and a work server where it doesn´t.

the test server is Ubuntu 10.04 with postgres/postgis 8.4

the work server is Ubuntu 8.04 with postgres/postgis 8.3 ( I can´t upgrade due
to virtual server incompatibilties)

I wanted to try and isntall postgres 8.4 on Ubuntu 8.3 but in the "hardy"
Universe repositories nothing is found. Does this mean that the versions are not
compatible?

thanks,

Robert