[postgis-users] error installing Postgis

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 5 09:12:23 PDT 2011

Laura,

That error usually happens for one of 2 reason
1) You are running PostgreSQL 64-bit.  Note that all the PostGIS  builds for
windows we have currently are 32-bit so will ONLY run with PostgreSQL
32-bit.  We haven't been very successful yet
building a 64-bit version, and no one it seems, is all that interested in
helping us on that.  This leads us to believe that there aren't all that
many people interested in running PostGIS in PostgreSQL 64-bit on windows.

2) The other possibility is you didn't copy in all the dependency files.
Make sure you copied all the files from the bin folder in the zip file to
your PostgreSQL/9.0/bin folder.

I suspect you are missing one or more.

Alternatively -- If you installed PostgreSQL via the installer, you can also
install PostGIS via the stack builder installer that is packaged with
PostgreSQL.

Hope that helps,
Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us