[postgis-users] Mapserver connection to Postgis Raster

Virginia Maffei vmaffei at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:03:22 PDT 2011

Hi, I installed again de postgis 2.0 and now i could load al the .sql with
the makepostgisdb.bat that de windows version brings. The only thing is that
i had to first create de DB and then in a separate .bat run the .sql load.

I installed gdal 1.8 and also have de gdal 1.8 in the mapserver (ms4w 3.0.2)
installation, but i cant connect with the data base i'm trying to run a
gdal_translate or gdal_info and it doesnt work. I created a new data base
having as template the one loaded with the postgis 2.0

This is the error that it shows:

C:\ms4w\tools\gdal-ogr>gdal_translate PG:"dbname=raster user=postgres
table=Hume*
dadDeExtincion mode=2" C:\TSIG\capas\sql2\HumedadDeExtincion.tif
*
*

*
ERROR 1: Error browsing database for PostGIS Raster properties
GDALOpen failed - 1
Error browsing database for PostGIS Raster properties

Any way...i will post this problem in another thread because the subject is
different.

regards,
Virginia