[postgis-users] Seeking Funding for Faster PostGIS Indexes

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 9 13:51:29 PDT 2011

Eli,

Yes we've made a lot of progress.  We are in the code provenance phase and
then I think we are pretty much done.

Paul,
I think part of the problem like I mentioned is we really got to make it
easier for people to give money to the PostGIS project.

To me that means:

Being able to support micro-donations
Getting our incubation act together so our funding can fall under the OSGEO
umbrella and people that need a non-profit  tax umbrella of some sort can
use that .
As strk suggested better outlining of these tasks and realistic effort
invovled to execute.

For this particular case -- I think the gains are just too far down the
horizon to really appreciate -- I know a year or a half doesn't seem like
much but it seems like eons to many.
Of course for this particular case -- this could be funneled thru the
PostgreSQL non-profits since its not a PostGIS only benefit.

Just some guesses.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us