[postgis-users] Seeking Funding for Faster PostGIS Indexes

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Jun 9 13:55:48 PDT 2011

Our problem isn't our ability to milk $50 donations from our
impoverished user community, it's multi-million dollar companies for
whom a $10K contract is almost two small to draft free-riding on on
the community. Honestly, this is not a crowd-sourcing problem.

I'm asking folks who might have access to said larger chunks of money
to contact me, no strings attached, and if there's an appetite I will
send add them to the distribution list for the statement of work and
they can decide if they want to shop the project up to their
superiors. Yes, it's a long ways away, but waiting a year won't make
it any closer. It'll always take 12-18 months from inception to
deliver of numbered release.

P.