[postgis-users] Basic postgis raster questions

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Wed Jun 15 14:09:52 PDT 2011

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 06/15/2011 07:49:15
PM:

> I totally agree but a wrapper would be convenient for people not
> familiar with intersection operations on raster. Most are familiar
> with vector/vector intersections on but not with raster/raster ones.

I'm not against wrappers, particularly if the documentation makes it clear
what the wrapper is wrapping. Wrappers+documentation can be used as a
learning tool to show how the raster/raster operations are really the same
thing as the corresponding vector/vector operation.

BTW: I posted this to the devel list, but anyone on the users list
interested is also welcome to review and criticize my "philosophy" on
homogeneous vector/raster operations. This is mostly for my own benefit to
try and wrap my head around the big picture by teasing out the fundamental
issues.

https://collab.firelab.org/software/projects/modisfire/wiki/Spatial_Set_Operations_in_PostGIS_Raster

Bryce