[postgis-users] UpdateGeometrySRID error

Andreas Forø Tollefsen andreasft at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 01:23:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have merged 4 tables with line geometry. In total 1028110 rows.
However, when i had unionized the tables, i realized that i had forgot
to set the SRID for 2 of the tables.
Hence, I now have a table where half of the roughly half a million
rows have a SRID.

I then tried to run the UpdateGeometrySRID, but something is wrong.
Syntax seems correct according to manual:
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/UpdateGeometrySRID.html

<sql>
SELECT UpdateGeometrySRID(groads2, geom, 4326);
</sql>

groads2 is my table, geom is the geometry column and the srid should
be 4326 WGS84.

However, when running the above query, i get this:

ERROR:  column "groads2" does not exist
LINE 3: SELECT UpdateGeometrySRID(groads2, geom, 4326);
                                  ^

ERROR: column "groads2" does not exist
SQL state: 42703
Character: 99