[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder 2010 setup issues

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jun 28 06:46:42 PDT 2011

Daniel,

Haven't had a chance to recheck our script to confirm its not something
amiss.

Which version of PostGIS  are you working with?

 You can ignore the does not exist, skipping errors -- those are trying to
drop tables which wouldn't exist for new installs.

The addr does not exist often happens if you don't have tiger in your
database search_path.  Make sure its in your search_path.  Also you can
verify the table exists
By making sure you have a tiger schema and it has tables like addr, edges
etc.

Regarding your ident problem.

PostgreSQL can listen on localhost or local port and depending on which that
has to be registered in pg_hba.conf

You can try taking out the PGHOST line since you may be running only on a
non-IP port and see if that helps or change your pg_hba.conf to allow.

Regarding this issue:
STATEDIR="/gisdata/www2.census.gov/geo/pvs/tiger2010st/36_New_York"

especially because an early command is

 cd $STATEDIR

I'm pretty sure we fixed that so I suspect your version is probably out of
data and you may want to just redownload from PostGIS site (either the SVN
tar ball or directly from svn)

Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us