[postgis-users] ST_OffsetCurve

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 29 02:36:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:11:33AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> >>The single sided buffers are already available in GEOS and Postgis,
> >>right?
> >
> >They are available in GEOS, not yet in PostGIS I'm afraid.
>
> ok - can you do an estimate on that one as well?

I think this should come as an additional parameter to the existing
ST_Buffer() function. Will require GEOS-3.3.0 to work and some care
in order to retain PostGIS support for older versions of GEOS (with
which you wouldn't have such support).

I can implement, document and regress-test that within another 10 hours.

--strk;