[postgis-users] OSGeo Montreal Code Sprint seeking more sponsors due to record participation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 4 04:57:14 PST 2011

Dear PostGIS users,

The Montreal Code Sprint of March 15-18, 2011 has reached a record of 29
registered participants from 9 open source projects as of yesterday.
This is awesome news for OSGeo and its projects that will get a
significant boost of code and contributions during that week!

This will also greatly benefit the PostGIS project since this number
includes 5 people who signed up to work on PostGIS as you can see in the
list of participants at:
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Montreal_Code_Sprint_2011#Participation

The downside of this is that our initial budget was for ~20
participants, and with close to 50% more sprinters we need to adjust the
budget accordingly and are turning to you to help us find more sponsors
to balance the new budget.

** CALL FOR NEW SPONSORS - An investment in the technology that you use! **

We are looking for another round of sponsors ($750 each) to support food
and fun for the sprinters as they work hard and play hard for four
productive days. Each $750 sponsorship will be put towards lunch, snacks
and dinner costs for the sprinters, and any surplus at the end of the
event will be turned over to OSGeo or used for a future code sprint.

If your organization is using one of the software projects listed below,
then please consider this call for sponsorship as an investment in
PostGIS, the technology that you use, and contact me at dmorissette at
mapgears.com to confirm your sponsorship. In addition to visibility in
our public announcements you will get recognition for your contribution
from the developers and from the OSGeo community.

Please also keep in mind that all the participants are volunteering
several days of their time in addition to paying for their own travel
and hotel expenses.

More information about this event is available here:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Montreal_Code_Sprint_2011

The Open Source projects currently represented are:

  * MapServer
  * GDAL/OGR
  * PostGIS
  * libLAS
  * ZOO Project
  * TinyOWS
  * GeoPrisma
  * OpenLayers
  * GeoExt

Thank you once again to our current sponsors
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Montreal_Code_Sprint_2011#2011_Sponsors)

750$ Sponsors:
- LizardTech - http://www.lizardtech.com/
- Azavea - http://www.azavea.com/
- qPublic - http://qpublic.net/
- Farallon Geographics - http://fargeo.com/
- Airborne Interactive - http://airborne.aero/
- Boreal - Information Strategies (Borealis) - http://www.boreal-is.com/
- Mapgears - http://www.mapgears.com/

Hockey Night Sponsor:
- Gateway Geomatics - http://gatewaygeomatics.com/

Host (Room and Internet):
- Communauté Métropolitaine de Montréal (CMM) - http://cmm.qc.ca/

Please do not hesitate to redistribute this announcement in your
respective channels.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette