[postgis-users] user postgres fiasco(?) on Mac OS X 10.6.6

Rosemary Alles rosemary.alles at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:14:07 PST 2011

I believe I figured it out, the Mac OS X install wiz for postgresql defaults
to /Library/PostgreSQL/ (which I accepted) and the install wiz for postgis
appears to *only* look in /usr/local/ to determine if postgresql has
*already* been installed, hence one of two things must happen:

   1. postgresql installing *must* happen in /usr/local or
   2. create a symbolic link from /usr/local to where the preferred
   installation location (for postgresql) and the installation for postgis
   follows without a problem (without which it fails complaining it needs
   postgresql.)
   3. Is this is a simple matter of un-tarring a compressed file, - then no
   biggie anyway...

Thanks for your help,
rosemary.