[postgis-users] user postgres fiasco(?) on Mac OS X 10.6.6

Rosemary Alles rosemary.alles at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:30:06 PST 2011

Thanks William.

I redid the installation (by *actually* reading the readme -duh- and things
appear to be working).

The installation, uses an install wiz which asks for the password, etc.
(system password for the user postgres vs the db password) - the
installation proceeds ok as long as shared mem has been set (as required)
and the system rebooted to register the change *prior* to installation.

Anyway, I need to install PostGIS on top of this, and wonder where (which
directory under /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/ I should untar the PostGIS binaries
from: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:postgres?

Thanks much,
rosemary.