[postgis-users] meters to degrees

Michal lachim1989 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:38:29 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am new to Postgres and PostGIS. I have encountered one problem, that I
can not deal with.I have table with various points that have SRID=3044,
which should be UTM zone including Jutland. I have created function to
loop through all points in table and check if they are within given
radius(using geometry and function st_point_inside_circle). Now to the
problem, for some reason st_point_inside_circle takes radius in degrees,
which is very inconvenient for me. I would really need to  change to
metres. If anyone has a suggestion, pls let me know.

Thank you for help

Michal